Wednesday, August 1, 2012

On to Victoria

So yesterday we hopped on the Ferry at Tsawwassen to come to Victoria.  It's a beautiful 1-1/2 hour ride and we enjoyed it thoroughly.  I had my wide-angle lens on, and I use it so seldom that I'm not very familiar with it.  It made everything look so far away!  But here's one of the smokestack (do they have smokestacks any more?)


Clearly, I was in a "blue mood" yesterday, because I processed these pics to look very, very blue!  Too blue, right?  (That's what Ed says, anyway.)  

We had a lovely vantage point on the outside deck and sat in the sun and enjoyed watching the scenery slowly pass by.  Here's another one of an island along the way:


I would say, see what I mean about how the lens makes everything far away?  But of course you can't know how close it was.  So just trust me :)

Anyway, check back later as today is the big day to go to Butchart Gardens and the Butterfly Gardens -- I'm sure I will have many, many pictures to process after that!

xoxo from beautiful Victoria -- 

1 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like the deep blue of the 2nd shot. :)